What is Hope Floats?
Hope Floats Foundation is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent drownings by providing scholarships for swim lessons. Hope Floats partners with local communities to offer financial need-based scholarships at over 200 swim school locations in 31 states.
Why did the Whatley Swim Family decide to partner with Hope Floats to provide Swim Lesson Scholarships?
“We were incredibly excited when we stumbled upon Hope Floats. Their mission and values are aligned with ours and we are so excited to partner with a like-minded organization. We had a small outreach program before, but it was limited by availability and funds. Now, the sky’s the limit and we look forward to expanding our outreach program year over year and teaching thousands of scholarship students to swim.”
Hope Floats Foundation is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent drownings by providing scholarships for swim lessons. Hope Floats partners with local communities to offer financial need-based scholarships at over 200 swim school locations in 31 states. Haley Whatley Swim School has recently partnered with Hope Floats.
What does Hope Floats do to help?
By partnering with high-quality swim schools to provide scholarships for swimming lessons for children living in poverty, Hope Floats takes care of the qualifying work, accumulates the money, and directs the money into the right hands for scholarship assistance.
- Drowning is the Leading Cause of Accidental Death in the U.S. for Ages 4 & Under (CDC).
- Lower socioeconomic status is associated with higher risk of drowning (WHO).
- Participation in formal swim lessons reduces risk of drowning by 88%! (Studies at the National Institute of Health)
- According to Griffith University research (2013), young children who participate in swim lessons at an early age boosts the development of the Whole Child and are:
- 20 months ahead in understanding direction
- 17 months ahead in story recall
- 10 months ahead in cognitive skills
- 7 months ahead in fine motor skills
Click here to see if your family qualifies or send an inquiry to [email protected].
Please note: all eligibility requirements and application reviews are handled by Hope Floats. Haley Whatley Swim School is not involved in the process to determine who will receive a scholarship. For questions about the program or the status of your application please email [email protected]